Words of Wisdom???
"I have opinions of my own - strong opinions - but I don't always agree with them."
- George Bush
"It's time for the human race to enter the solar system!"
- Dan Quayle, on the concept of a manned mission to Mars
"The word 'genius' isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
- Joe Theisman, quarterback and sports analyst
"Bruce Sutter has been around for awhile and he's pretty old. He's thirty-five years old. That will give you some idea of how old he is."
- Ron Fairley, Giants' broadcaster
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
- Danny Ozark, Phillies manager
"We all get heavier as we get older because there's a lot more information in our heads."
- Vlade Divac, NBA basketball player
"Sometimes they write what I say and not what I mean."
- Baseball Player Pedro Guerrero on reporters
"If you let that sort of thing go on, your bread and butter will be cut right out from under your feet."
- Ernest Bevin, British foreign minister
"Wait a minute! I'm not interested in the agriculture. I want the military stuff."
- Senator William Scott (R-Va.) during a Pentagon briefing.
"I've read about foreign policy and studied, I now know the number of continents."
- George Wallace, 1968 presidential campaign
Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life."
- Brooke Shields
"This planet is our home. If we destroy the planet, we've destroyed our home, so it is fundamentally important."
- H. Ross Perot
I do not like this word "bomb." It is not a bomb. It is a device that is exploding."
- French ambassador to New Zealand Jacques le Blanc, regarding press coverage of France's nuclear weapons tests in the Pacific
"I was provided with additional input that was radically different from the truth. I assisted in furthering that version."
- Colonel Oliver North, from his Iran-Contra testimony
"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally."
- Soviet infantry manual, issued in the 1930's
"All you have to do is go down to the bottom of your swimming pool and hold your breath."
- David Miller, US DOE spokesperson, on protecting yourself from nuclear radiation
"These 45 millimeter pistols are pretty reliable. 9 times out of 10 they will not jam. 9 times out of 10 they will jam. 50/50."
- Phillipino firearms instructor, training sailors in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, 1981.
Check out the rest of my website on skykid2.com or by the links below
|Photo Albums What do I look like??|
Jason My Best Friend